- Monday through Friday from 2:00 am until 6:00 am
- Saturday & Sunday from 2:30 am until 6:00 am.
The State statute for following behind snowplows is as follows:
- No closer than 75 feet where posted speed limit is 35 mph or less.
- No closer than 200 feet where posted speed limit is greater than 35 mph.
- No closer than 20 feet when stopped at an intersection.
- Blowing or shoveling snow onto City streets is a violation of the City of Oak Creek Municipal Code and is subject to ticketing.
- Property owners are required to keep clear the mailboxes and fire hydrants on their property.
- Sidewalks are required to be cleared of snow and ice within 24 hours after the snow or ice has stopped accumulating.
- Once the City is notified of the damaged mailbox &/or post, the City will first attempt to repair the mailbox.
- If damage is too extensive, the mailbox will be replaced at no cost to the resident with a standard City mailbox.
- If necessary, the City will drop off a temporary mailbox which will then be picked up once the final repair or replacement has been done.
- The City will replace the mailbox &/or post with a standard 4X4 wood post and a 20.5" x 9" x 7.25" standard size mailbox with a steel latch and aluminum flag, or an all-in-one polyurethane constructed mailbox, dependent on the type of mailbox that was damaged.
- The City will not replace any custom mailboxes. If a resident prefers a custom mailbox, the City will reimburse the resident up to $100 per event for parts only. No labor will be reimbursed.
- The City will make every attempt to repair a damaged “gang” mailbox. If it is not repairable and needs to be replaced, claims for damage to "gang" mailboxes must be made by each property owner to receive reimbursement. Maximum payment will be $100.00 per event, per property owner but will include only one post reimbursement.
- To qualify for reimbursement, the resident must bring in the damaged parts and paid receipts with an approximate date of damage to the Department of Public Works located at 800 W. Puetz Road.
City crews shall also install black dirt and seed for any areas of the lawn damaged by plowing, or caused during the repair to the mailbox.
Damage to other appurtenances installed within the City street right-of-way (i.e. walls, planters, sprinkler heads, etc.) will not be considered for cost of replacement.
Report lawn or mailbox damage online via Citizen's Request for Action.