A career with the Oak Creek Police Department offers security with a fiscally healthy, rapidly growing community, prestige, respect and personal satisfaction. Our officers are of a progressive, professional and well respected department. The Oak Creek Police Department offers a variety of assignments with the opportunity for advancement, including promotions and specialized positions. Our goal is to provide the highest level of police service to each person we have contact with. We pledge to sustain a working partnership with the community we serve so that we can maintain a safe and peaceful environment for all.
If you do, come join us and start making an impact today. Come join something special.
Experienced Law Enforcement Officers: At the discretion of the Chief of Police, certified/certifiable police officers in good standing, may be eligible to start above the established starting rate of pay.
The recruitment period for the position of Police Officer is currently OPEN and on-going (starting 11/1/19).
Current Salary & Benefits
- 2019 Patrol Officer Annual Starting Base Salary - $54,014
- Five-step pay rate increase (5 yr. patrol officer salary in 2019 - $78,759)
- Hospitalization/Major Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance – Employee contributes 10%-15% of monthly health insurance premium (Percentage dependent on participation in Health Risk Assessment Program.)
- Pension Plan through Wisconsin Retirement System
- Residency: 20 miles from City boarders
- Uniform Allowance
- Gun Allowance (2% of base wage)
- 10 paid holidays
- Five (5) days after one (1) year of continuous service.
- Ten (10) days after two (2) years of continuous service.
- Thirteen (13) days after five (5) years.
- One (1) additional day for each full year of service in excess of six (6) years to a limit of thirty-one (31) days.
- Represented by Oak Creek Professional Policemen’s Association (OCPPA) and overall by the Law Office of MacGillis, Wiemer, LLC.