- Dispatch Manager Jason Bauknecht - Phone: (414) 766-7605
A career with the Oak Creek Police Department offers security with a fiscally healthy, rapidly growing community, prestige, respect and personal satisfaction. Our dispatchers are of a progressive, professional and well respected department. Our goal is to provide the highest level of police, fire and EMS service to each person we have contact with. We pledge to sustain a working partnership with the community we serve so that we can maintain a safe and peaceful environment for all.
Do you have a good work ethic, integrity, honesty, teamwork and want to serve the community? If you do, come join us and start making an impact today. Come join something special.
The recruitment period for the position of Police Dispatcher is currently CLOSED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent G.E.D.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship (upon request)
- Possess certification or have the capacity to meet certification requirements as a TIME system operator and any other minimum standards set by the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Division of Training and Standards, as applicable to Emergency Services Dispatchers.
- Must pass a hearing and vision test
- Must successfully complete the application process
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays. Typical work schedule is five (5) days on, two (2) days off; four (4) days on, two (2) days off. Shift assignment to be determined, which will be that which best serves the organization. During training, employee will be assigned to work rotating shifts.
Current Salary & Benefits
- 2020 Dispatcher Annual Starting Base Salary -- $43,398.
- Ability to earn up to $51,688 after 18 months and $55,244 after three (3) years.
- Uniform Allowance
- 28 days Paid Time Off (PTO)*
- *Increases after 9 years of service for a maximum accrual of 40 days.
- Hospitalization/Major Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance – Employee contributes 10-15% of monthly health insurance premium (Percentage dependent on participation in Health Risk Assessment Program.)
- Pension Plan through Wisconsin Retirement System
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Deferred Compensation Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance – Basic Life insurance equal to annual salary. Paid for by the City. Effective after six (6) months of service.