12 Months of Preparedness is a community wide initiative to prepare Oak Creek residents for an emergency by encouraging people to build an emergency preparedness kit.
Each month local stores will feature emergency preparedness items such as; bottled water, canned food, personal hygiene items, etc. Featured item cards will be placed next to the featured item for the month, so people can easily find items to add to their emergency preparedness kit.
12 Months of Preparedness Schedule
- January: Plastic Bin Duffel Bag, or Large Tote
- February: Canned Vegetables, Fruits, Meats, Soups and a Can Opener
- March: Water (3 gallons per person)
- April: Peanut Butter, Jelly, Crackers Dry Cereal, and Snack Foods
- May: Personal Hygiene Items
- June: Paper Products (napkins, toilet paper, paper towel)
- July: Disposable Utensils, Cups, Plates
- August: Weather Radio, Flashlight
- September: Non-Prescription & Prescription Medications
- October: Hand Sanitizer and Hand Wipes
- November: Candles & Lighters
- December: First Aid Kit