The Oak Creek Fire Department offers a variety of services designed to create a safe environment for our citizens, visitors, and employees. We accomplish this by preventing fires and other hazardous conditions through education and the enforcement of life safety codes.
We take great pride in keeping our community safe. We offer the following services for residents, businesses and contractors:
- Fire Inspections for over 1,700 commercial and multi-family buildings
- Minor sprinkler and fire alarm review
- Community involvement including station tours and apparatus visits
- Home safety visits
- Educational programs for all ages including CPR and first aid training and fire safety for older adults
One of the most common services we perform is providing fire inspections for all:
- Apartment Buildings
Inspections are required by the State of Wisconsin. We identify unsafe conditions that may cause harm to the occupants, employees or customers.
Inspections are based on adopted fire codes from the State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and benefit:
- Building owners by having a safer building
- Firefighters by getting to know the buildings
In 2011 the Common Council approved a Fire Inspection Fee which allows for the department to charge for performing annual and bi-annual fire inspections. The fee is based upon the actual Fire Department costs to perform inspections and related clerical functions. The inspection fees are based in part on preparedness and the quality of fire safety efforts as they relate to the time it takes to perform the inspection by Fire Department personnel. In addition to the fees listed below, an additional $5 administrative fee will be charged.
|Level 2||16-30 minutes||$35.01|
|Level 3||31-45 minutes||$50.42|
|Level 4||46-60 minutes||$65.82|
|Level 5||61-75 minutes||$96.65|
|Level 6||76-90 minutes||$112.04|
|Level 7||91 or more minutes||$127.44|
|Final Fire Occupancy||$59.57|
If significant violations are discovered, we will work with the occupant/business owner to get these violations corrected. If significant violations are not abated within 30 days additional fees may apply. These fees are outlined in the City's adopted fee resolution.
Emergency Contact Information
The Fire and Police Department share and maintain emergency contact information for all businesses located in Oak Creek. Please make sure your information is up-to-date. Please consider the following:
- The contacts should have keys to enter the business after hours and are able to reset the alarms, if necessary.
- The contacts should reside close to the location of your business and are willing to respond to the business, regardless of the time of day, within 20 minutes of contact.
Emergency Contact information can be entered on the Emergency Contact webpage.