Abendschein Park Master Plan Update
Arthur Abendschein Park is one of Oak Creek's two community parks and is named after Oak Creek's first mayor. The park is centrally located at 1321 East Drexel Avenue.
The City's first Community Park Master Plan for Abendschein Park was originally adopted in 2000, with a more recent update in 2008. Many of the eight phases identified in those plans had been adopted in some form, and included an open air shelter, playground, parking lot(s), open play areas, natural areas, football/soccer and baseball fields, a disc golf course and a skate park.
The goal of the most recent master plan was to determine what residents would like to see in the park and what amenities would be feasible.
The adopted plan and support documents that follow are available for review.
- 2018 Abendschein Master Plan
- Abendschein Park Master Plan - Opinion of Probable Costs, 5 year Habitat Restoration Approach and Costs, Concept Costs Matrix
- Abendschein Park Master Plan - Park Concept Programming Matrix
- Abendschein Park Master Plan - Public Participation Plan, Survey Results and Summary Charts
- Abendschein Park Master Plan - Concept Alternatives and Facts Sheets
- Abendschein Park Master Plan - Site Inventory + Analysis Maps