The purpose of these sites is to present matters of public interest to City of Oak Creek residents, businesses, visitors and other interested parties. The City encourages you to submit your questions, comments and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not an unedited public forum. All content posted to the City of Oak Creek’s social media sites by the public should be related to discussion of City promoted programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities.
Articles and comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed:
- Comments not topically related to the particular post being commented upon;
- Profane language or content;
- Personal attacks or name-calling of any kind;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Comments that support or oppose political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
While the City of Oak Creek understands that social media is a 24 hour-a-day, 7 days-a-week medium, the monitoring capability of the City’s staff is not. The City therefore asks that no requests for emergency service or immediate response be made through social media.
Please note that the comments expressed on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Oak Creek or its officers and employees.
Thank you for your respectful participation in our online community.