NOTICE: City Buildings & Services Affected by COVID-19

All City of Oak Creek buildings, including the Library are closed to the public until further notice. More details here.
The Oak Creek Recycling Yard has reopened during normally scheduled hours. More details here.

Military and Overseas Registration

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


A “military elector” is a member of the uniformed service or merchant marine, a civilian employee of the United States, a Peace Corps volunteer, or a spouse or civilian formally attached to those as mentioned above.

An “overseas elector” is a United States citizen, 18 years of age or older, who resided in Wisconsin before leaving the United States, and who is now living outside the U.S. with no present intent to return, and not registered to vote in any other location.

Military Elector

Military electors, under state law, are not required to register to vote. However, the City Clerk ’s Office needs to obtain sufficient information to enter a military elector into the Statewide Voter Registration System (SVRS). This information can be obtained from the FPCA form from the FVAP website at

Overseas Elector

Overseas electors must register to vote. If an overseas elector has not registered, he or she may submit a voter registration application, or

An overseas elector may use the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) form which serves as both a voter registration application and an absentee ballot request for overseas electors. The online version of the FPCA can be obtained from the FVAP website at

It should be noted that first-time military and overseas voters are not required to provide proof of residence.