2019 Holiday Tree Nominations Being Accepted
2019 City Holiday Tree Nomination
The City is now accepting nominations for the 2019 holiday tree which will be placed in Drexel Town Square, and lit during a celebration on December 4. Residents wishing to nominate a tree can submit the Holiday Tree Nomination Form, along with digital photos showing all sides of the tree. Oak Creek residents and property owners, both businesses and private, are welcome to submit nominations through August 31, 2019.
Potential holiday trees must exhibit the following features:
- 20 to 35 feet tall evergreen (or top portion of a taller tree)
- Clear of any utility lines or other potential safety concerns
- Accessible by large equipment
- Have a pleasing form: uniformly branched all around, full
- Single stem - without multiple central leaders
- Healthy, free of deadwood, discolored needles, etc.
Approximate harvest time is mid to late November. Trees will be selected by the City Forestry staff.
Call Rebecca Lane, City Forester, directly with any questions 414-570-5685 or email@example.com