Fire Protection Permits
Fire protection permits are required for all fire protection work conducted in the City of Oak Creek. A Minor Modification Permit is required from the Oak Creek Fire Department for all minor modifications to existing fire alarm and sprinkler systems. A minor modification is defined as an alteration to or addition of:
- 20 or fewer sprinkler heads to an existing automatic fire sprinkler system; or
- 20 or fewer devices to an existing fire alarm system
To apply for a Minor Modification Permit:
- Complete the application form found below.
- Mail a $50 check payable to the Oak Creek Fire Department, 7000 S. 6th Street, Oak Creek, WI 53154. Reference the job location on your check.
- Once the review is complete and the check is received, the permit will be emailed to the applicant.
Permit requests for new fire detection and suppression systems, or those that do not meet the minor modification criteria, require a formal plan review through the department's delegated agent, Fire Safety Consultants.
The Fire Department encourages the installation of a Knox Box for all commercial properties. The Knox Box will provide first responders with immediate access into secure buildings, campuses, residences and commercial properties when it matters most. Removing barriers to entry reduces injuries to responders and minimizes property damage. Go to the Knox Company website for ordering information. For location suggestions and key installation, please contact our Fire Inspector at (414) 570-5648.