Wisconsin DOT Continues Road Construction Projects in Oak CreekShare This +
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is currently undertaking two major road construction projects within the City of Oak Creek. Simultaneously, State Highway 38 (Howell Avenue) between Oakwood Road in Oak Creek and Grange Avenue in Milwaukee and State Highway 100 between South 27th Street and South Howell Avenue in Oak Creek are being reconstructed to improve safety and ride quality.
The Department of Transportation has set up websites for each of these projects.
WIS 38 (Howell Avenue) Overview
- The roadway will be milled and resurfaced with asphalt pavement
- Project will add right turn lanes, extend some left turn lanes and modify some median openings
- Traffic signals will be upgraded at eight existing intersections
- Minor geometric improvements will be done at intersections
- New concrete sidewalk will be installed along Howell Ave
WIS 119 (Airport Spur)
- The WIS 119 / Airport Spur Eastbound on and off ramps to WIS 38/Howell Ave. will be milled and resurfaced with asphalt pavement
WIS 100 (Ryan Road) Overview
- The roadway will be reconstructed with concrete pavement
- Traffic signals will be upgraded at 27th Street, 22nd Street, 13th Street, I-94 westbound ramps, I-94 eastbound ramps and Howell Avenue
- Sidewalks will be added on the north and south sides of Ryan Road
- A pond will be constructed east of 13th Street